Why do marketers at food companies and restaurants INSIST on creating unbelievably unhealthy — and caloric –creations, which I rate a full “10” on the Disgust-o-Meter? As a Boston-based marketing consultant, and the author of the bestselling book OFF THE WALL MARKETING IDEAS, I love a creative idea when I see it — but these creations are truly revolting. Take a look:
- DiGiornio’s packaged pizza with chocolate-chip cookies
- Denny’s new fried-cheese melt-in-a-grilled-cheese-sandwich, served with fries
- The KFC sandwich that uses fried chicken instead of bread
- Paula Deen’s fried macaroni and cheese revulsion made with bacon and bread crumbs
- Krispy Kreme’s Bread Pudding made with you-know-what, condensed mlk, raisins, and butter-rum sauce
- Marini’s in Santa Cruz., Calif., which creates chocolate-covered bacon
- Arizona’s Heart Attack Grill Menu that “boasts” the $12.95 “Triple Bypas Burger.” The marketing here? If you weigh more than 350 pounds, they’ll give it to you for FREE.
I wonder how these marketers sleep at night. Check out my website for Maxima Marketing,my business.